Canadian Aged Cheddar Gougères
- 227 ml (1 cup) water or milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) sugar
- 113 ml (0.5 cup) butter
- 227 ml (1 cup) flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of paprika
- 113 ml (0.5 cup) Canadian Aged Cheddar
Method for Canadian Aged Cheddar Gougères:
- Pre-heat oven to 205 oC (400 oF).
- Bring water (or milk), salt, sugar and butter to boil.
- Take off heat and add flour.
- Cook on heat again, stirring persistently until paste is formed. Once the mixture is cooked enough, a white film on
the bottom of the pan appears.
- Take off heat again and add eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously.
- Add cheddar and paprika to the dough.
- Shape the dough into small balls, using a pastry bag with a round tip. (Size doubles when choux pastry is cooked.)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 175 oC (350 oF) and cook for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.